My family and I enjoy to travel to the Caribbean, especially the Bahamas. We have a timeshare at Harborside Resort on Paradise Island and visit the Bahamas once a year. Some of the things that attract us most to the Bahamas are:
- Friendly people - Everyone we've encountered on PI and New Providence has been respectful and courteous. (more on this later)
- The plane flight is relatively short for us. We typically leave at 6 a.m. and are at The Point restaurant eating lunch by noon.
- Economy - We've been there quite a few times. We know how to do it economically. It doesn't have to be expensive.
- Harborside has all the amenities of home. Kitchen, washer/dryer, stove, blender, utensils, pots, pans, etc. These things help keep the cost down.
- Weather - When weather.com says it's going to rain every day, it usually means a quick shower and not rain like we see in the northeast.
- Cool stuff to do - If you like casino's and tourist traps they have them. If you like uncrowded beaches and interaction with the locals you can get that too.
- The dollar is used interchangeably.
If you are looking for ways to save money, check out my tips on what food to bring to Harborside Atlantis.
If you're in Nassau Bahamas and want some local food there's no better place to go than the Fish Fry at Arawak Cay. Any cab driver you talk to will know where to take you if you say fish fry, it's one of the most popular places on the island to eat and our favorite place for many years has been Oh Andros.
In 2012 we took a Powerboat Adventures trip to Exuma. It was well worth the money in my opinion. Plenty to eat and drink, beautiful beach, shark and stingray feeding and conch salad made fresh on the beach. The boat stopped at Allan's Cay for iguana feeding then proceeded over to Ship Channel Cay for lunch, shark feeding, conch salad, snorkeling and some beach time. Check out the pictures from the trip below.
It just so happens that we were vacationing in the Bahamas when my daughter turned seventeen. I asked her what she'd like to do for her birthday and her reply to me was "I want to do a shark dive!". At first I was a bit apprehensive about doing a shark dive, sure I had seen them in the water at a distance on several other dives, but this would be alot of sharks. My biggest concern was the possibility of putting 2 of my kids in mortal danger underwater in large group of sharks in a feeding frenzy.
We would be swimming with 40 to 50 sharks so close you can touch them. I reminded her that sharks are wild creatures capable of tearing us to pieces, and they aren't tame, they're conditioned to be fed and can be unpredictable and dangerous. It didn't seem to bother her much so I setup a shark dive for her, her brother Chris and myself with largest dive shop on the island, Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas in Nassau.
Harborside Timeshare Rentals, Paradise Island, Nassau Bahamas
We have two 3 bedroom Harborside resort timeshares at the Atlantis to rent for the 2019 season.
Will accept Bitcoin and Electroneum cryptocurrency as payment.